Baked Cod, Prawn & Avocado
This one comes from Gareth’s favourite recipe book.
You know it’s easy to pull off if Gareth can do it successfully!
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 8oz cod fillets, skinned and pin boned
- 1 small handful of fresh basil, ripped
- 1 Avocado, peeled, pitted, halved and sliced
- 5 1/2 oz good peeled shrimp, cooked or uncooked
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 5 1/2 oz good Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Rub a baking dish or roasting pan with a little olive oil, season the cod on both sides and palce in the dish.
- Sprinkle the fillets with the basil, avocado and shrimp. Drizzle over the cream and grate over the cheese.
- Cook at the top of the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and bubbling.
- Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve simply with a green salad.
More of Note
It’s that time again! We have a couple of front-of-house positions availableread more
Do you work in hospitality? Monday is your Sunday? Join us for mates rates at Dux Dine, all day Mondayread more
An incentive for the meat-eater in your life to cut out meat for at least one meal!read more
It doesn’t get much fresher or more local than “The Little Bone Broth Company”read more
We are in the 2018/2019 Entertainment Book. Take 25% off your bill when you present either your Gold Card or digital membership.read more
You don’t have to go full-on earth warrior to save the planet. Simple ways to do your bitread more
Our menus reflect our desire to serve guests meals to nourish, sustain, and excite with food that enriches our bodies, minds and souls. These menus have long been based on the Mediterranean diet and lifestyle.read more
Evan’s pick is our Line Caught Groperread more
Plastic straws are wasteful, harmful and totally redundant so we are ditching them in an effort to send less to landfill. Use your lips maybe?read more
We are on First Table! Tables at 5.30pm receive 50% off their food for reservations made at firsttable.co.nz – Eat early and save!read more